728*90#STEP2CK

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

UPDATE!!! UWORLD,LIFE ETC.

Hey guys!
I know it has been forever since I last posted.
I am so sorry for the inconsistency with my posts.
Things have been CRAZY lately.
I did not realize how crazy things are going to get once I start UWorld.
It has been so hard to finish two blocks a day a try to review some notes.
I literally collapse once I am done at night.
The other thing I have been preoccupied with is arranging for accommodation for my coming observership in New Jersey.
Working through Airbnb. I know it is a reliable website but still many things to be concerned about. Like area safety, budget etc.
I literally broke down one day because I could not handle it.
I had to take a break from everything and disconnect from everyone to gain perspective again.
Things are good now. :)
Spent some quality time with friends and family this weekend. I feel more in control now.
And it feels so good to blog again.

Now to the UWorld update:
I have finished 60% of the QBank with 67% cumulative correct questions.
I have been improving lately. Have gotten above 70% in a couple of tests.
Making notes. It is really hard to do two block and study notes. I am trying to squeeze in a couple of pages of UWorld notes everyday.

I have to finish UWorld by 23 April. That is the goal.

Health Update:
Working out is out of question for me these days.
But one lifestyle change that I have made is regarding my breakfast.
Everyday I am having  Fruit and Vegetable smoothies.
I try to use either spinach or kale everyday.
I have noticed an amazing change in how I feel with this change.
I feel so fresh and light. It is filling at the same time.

I hope that everyone is doing great.
I will try to post at least twice weekly.

Have a great day everyone!

Cheers!




3 comments:

  1. Hi Doc,

    Its been a while since I've been online. Its nice to see everything is progressing well for you. I wish I could say the say for myself. I had to reschedule my exam to June.

    I was wondering how you got your observership in New Jersey. Did you set it up yourself or did you use an agency? I have a 4 week externship set up in Chicago for next month through an agency. They charged me $1800 for it. I wish I could set these up myself. Anyways, any advise would be helpful. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey,
      I did end up using an agency and I had to pay almost the same amount that as you. It is hard to set it up yourself unless you have contacts. I am located in California so I cannot do any rotations here even though I do know a couple of doctors.
      And as far as you rescheduling your exam - You should give the exam when you feel confident. Keep studying hard! I am sure you will do well.

      Good day!

      Delete
  2. Hello,

    Ok so you're doing an externship too? I'm confused I didn't know there were agencies that set up observerships. Anyways, I live in California too and it suck that we can't do any externship here.
    Thanks for the advise. Trying my best. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete